Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 Annually
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the VP of IT, The Systems Administrator will protect our critical information systems and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain internal infrastructure (operating systems, applications, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates), support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Vmware, Windows Server, Cisco Merak
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that is always up and running
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Communicate project statuses, activities, and achievements to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise. Help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Handle Help Desk tickets to troubleshoot, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed. Provide backup to the Help Desk as needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Travel to remote locations for technical support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task
- Great attention to detail
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technology or computer science field preferred
- 5 years systems administrator experience preferred
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.
To apply click here.