Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $17.00 Hourly
Benefits:Â Medical, Dental, Vision, Legal, Company paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match.
Work Hours:Â 6:30 am-3:00 pm – may have to work until 5:00 pm.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for setting up and operating a slitting machine to cut rolls of paper to documented specifications to ensure optimum safety, quality, and production while minimizing cost, energy, and waste.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Set up and operate machines to efficiency, quality, and order specifications.
- Spaces rotary slitter knives, or razor blades on the machine shaft or holding device according to the specified width and secures blades in position.
- Maintain visual workplace standards.
- Monitors and maintains quality by looking for defects in the products.
- Safely operate Jib hoists and pallet jacks.
- Meets established production goals.
- Performs housekeeping duties to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Impressive Safety Record
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Less than high school education with up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to be on their feet for up to 12 hours per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with assistance if required.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.