Reports to: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Procurement of raw materials, tools, parts, and other supplies to support the operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issue Purchase orders from the accounting system and place orders with suppliers
- Ensure that items ordered are received on time with proper paperwork
- Enter receipt information into the accounting system
- Follow up on delayed orders, as needed
- Collaborate with Shipping to physically receive designated items
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to facilitate timely processing of invoices related to purchase orders
- Manage adherence to internal policies and procedures covering the procurement of goods and services
- Act as point of contact for all suppliers within the assigned scope of responsibility
- Coordinate month-end inventory activities
- Maintain records of orders, inventory costs, and receipts of all items
- Manage all office supply stock
- Back-up certain roles in the facility, as determined by the General Manager and Accounting Manager
- Assist with various reporting for plant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a high school education or GED equivalent, or 3-5 years related purchasing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Service – responds promptly to requests, solicits feedback to improve service, and meets commitments.
- Planning/productivity – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and completes work in a timely manner.
- Quality control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Collaboration – works well in a team environment and can work with a diverse group of people.
- Observes safety and security policies and procedures.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
To apply for this job click here.