Compensation: $14.95 per hour Probationary Rate
Employment Type/Status: Full Time
Reports to: Tour Foreman
General Purpose Of Job:
To handle and/or properly stack sheets or rolls or web of paper as directed by the Back Tender or Tour Foreman. Lifting approximately fifty (50) pounds on a consistent basis for 30 minutes, then will have 60 minutes off on another assignment, followed by another 30 minutes on, etc, throughout the eight (8) hour shift.
Subject to change when staffing needs are met. Overtime per business needs. Double Time paid on Sundays. Triple Time paid on worked holidays.
Current: 3 Crews/ 3 Shift Rotations (7A – 3P, 3P-11P, 11P-7A).
Future: 4 Crews/ 3 Shift Rotations (7A – 3P, 3P-11P, 11P-7A). Southern Swing Rotation: Rotation works seven days: 7A-3P, follwed by 3 days off/ 11P-7A, followed by 2 days off / 11P-7A, followed by 2 days off.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleanliness of paper machine area as directed by Back Tender or Tour Foreman, especially the immediate area in which he works (cutter box and calendars or reel and rewinder).
- Responsible for bringing web of paper over machine with other members of his crew as directed by the Back Tender or Tour Foreman.
- Operate at cutter box or at rewinder as directed by Back Tender or Tour Foreman. The Superintendent will determine rotation schedule of periods on the cutter box.
- Help with start-up and threading of paper machine as directed by Back Tender or Tour Foreman.
- Perform clean up duties during shut downs and prior to start-ups as directed by Tour Foreman or his deputy, the Machine Tender or Back Tender.
- Regardless of assignment schedule on the cutter box, all cutter man are to assist each other so that sufficient men are available to save all good board during changes and to be able to prevent off-quality sheets being included in good board.
- Perform other jobs as deemed necessary to maintain the operating efficiency of the plant as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Pre-employment Background Screening
- Pre-Employment Substance Abuse Screening
- Pre-Employment Physical Exam
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.