Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Production Manager supervises production including, but not limited to the following: scheduling machines/order runs, planning and assigning work, production reporting, and inventory. An important leader, the Production Manager implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. The Production Manager is on-call continuously and may be called back to the plant during off-duty hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to continuously improve plant production in all areas, balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results.
- Eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment, and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste.
- Ensure that the plant is staffed correctly based on production needs, scheduled downtime for maintenance, and employee absences while controlling and minimizing labor overtime.
- Directly responsible for approving time cards, employee coaching, and discipline when necessary.
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish plant goals and objectives.
- Lead a culture of success and demonstrate that shop-floor organization and plant cleanliness are keys to a safe work environment in which everyone can take pride.
COMPETENCIES SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Impressive Safety Record
- Communication Proficiency
- Production Management
- Organizational Skills
- Computer Proficiency Leadership
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving Technical Capacity
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- This position requires a high level of professionalism at all times while maintaining a collegial and effective relationship with employees and managers at all levels.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Supervisory experience in a paper converting facility preferred. Must have demonstrated leadership in a production environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Management – Complete orders on time, use time efficiently.
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and customer satisfaction; Meet productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Able to retain fundamental sales information to build a knowledge base of industry and customers.
- Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Adapts well to changes in the work environment.
- Works well with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to be on their feet for up to 12 hours per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with assistance if required.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.
Regular work week Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-6:00 pm.
We are a Drug-free workplace. There will be a pre-employment drug screening.
This is a wonderful opportunity. We are a growing manufacturing firm located 10 miles South of Hendersonville in the Tuxedo-Zirconia community.