Key Internal Partners: Production, Maintenance, Safety, Environmental
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Process Engineer provides ongoing technical support to the production department as well as primary support for environmental regulatory compliance. Due to the size of the facility the Process Engineer will be called upon to be involved in multiple aspects of mill operations including company safety and environmental programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a safe working environment in all interactions with plant personnel as well as personally following all safety rules and regulations.
- Improve the reliability of the process control systems. This includes the QCS system as well as level, pressure and consistency control systems.
- Assist production department with chemical trials.
- Supervise day-to-day operation of the wastewater treatment facility and boiler house.
- Perform audits, testing, inspection and data entry functions for a variety of programs including environmental, hazcom, safety, etc. Utilize electronic compliance system to manage and track scheduled tasks.
- Supervisory coverage as needed including on weekends and evenings.
- Recommend and implement safety and environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal agencies including but not limited to: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
- Inspect facilities to detect existence of potential environmental, safety, and health hazards. Recommend corrective or preventative measures and follow-up.
- Provide support and assistance in investigating worksite accidents and help to implement changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Continually participate in additional training in Safety and Environmental fields. Training managers and employees in work site safety practices as needed.
- Performs extra assignments in other areas and related task assignments as needed.
- Works effectively and relates well with others. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Other Potential Responsibilities:
- Preparation of capital requests, track project status and overall capital plan. Obtain quotes for equipment and/or services. Assist in design of additions/installations.
- Support maintenance efforts and assume backup maintenance leadership coverage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Pulp and Paper Science, or other related discipline.
- Process Control knowledge.
- Computer Skills including but not limited to MS Office and CAD.
- Demonstrated track record of initiative, leadership and effectiveness along with hands on practical experience.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.
To apply click here.