Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. The role may require additional hours outside of this schedule per business needs.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
A key part of the management team. A true “people person” who manages staffing, benefits, employee relations, and safety. This position supports a paper mill which is a 24/7 operation and requires work outside of normal business hours. Stays up to date and provides leadership and guidance on issues like COVID safety measures, Cares Act/ARPA rules, etc. as they occur.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employee relations, counseling, and discipline
- Safety leadership, training, and OSHA compliance
- Labor relations, policy compliance, training
- Worker’s Compensation, Disability, FMLA
- Staffing, recruiting and hiring
- Payroll, time, and attendance tracking
- Benefits administration – insurance, 401k, leave
- Documentation, records management
- Policy and procedure communication
- Training and development
This position requires a high level of professionalism at all times while maintaining a collegial and effective relationship with employees and managers in all positions. They must be comfortable with, and are expected to, spend time on the plant floor every day.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, required. Knowledgeable in applicable Federal, State and local regulations, including but not limited to: Employment & Labor Law, Safety (OSHA), and Worker’s Compensation. Union/NLRB experience preferred. SHRM Certification preferred.
Experience with ADP’s Workforce Now, an HRIS system, is preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills, strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as excellent interpersonal skills required. This person must be organized, effective, and able to manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Pre-employment Background Screening
- Pre-Employment Substance Abuse Screening
- Pre-Employment Physical Exam
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.