Job Type: Full-time/Hourly
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for all of the necessary functions to manufacture tubes and cores and move materials around the facility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Set up, operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and rebuild a variety of equipment including but not limited to: Winding equipment, Recutting equipment, Baler, and Forklift
- Operate forklift to move supplies and finished goods
- Weld and fabricate as needed following all safety procedures
- Troubleshoot motors, MCC’s, AC/DC electrical circuits
- Troubleshoot and repair chains, sprockets, gearboxes, pumps, etc.
- Modify and install new equipment as needed
- Keep area around machine and all equipment clean and properly maintained
- Other duties as assigned as this position will work as both an Operator and a Mechanic as needed
COMPETENCIES SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Impressive Safety Record
- Great Attendance Record
- Communication Proficiency
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multi-task
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Less than high school education with up to one month of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to be on their feet for up to 12 hours per day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with assistance if required.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.