Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: General Manager
Key Internal Partners: Production Superintendent, Electrical Supervisor and EHS Manager
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00am through 3:30pm; weekend coverage rotation and call-in assistance.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Maintenance Supervisor manages and assists in the completion of day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the production machinery, buildings/facilities, equipment, and machinery including HVAC, powerhouse, water treatment, offices, garage, grounds keeping, and overall facility appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversee the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of maintenance employees.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Ensure that employees maintain shops, work areas, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following skills: carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical (assist the facilities electrician), machine repair, plant layout, and painting.
- Must be trained and well versed in: general safety, lock-out tag-out, and forklift safety.
- Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed and be well versed in the disciplines mentioned above.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions and specifications.
- Must feel comfortable with working in a team environment consisting of Ox Paperboard employees and outside contractors.
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.