Job Type: Full-time
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, managing, and monitoring all health, safety, and environmental compliance programs, issues, and proactive initiatives for the paper mill. Successful candidates will be comfortable frequently shifting priorities and “wearing multiple hats”. Being a small company, someone with a diverse background and skillset will be highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with operations team leaders to bring EHS expertise to operational discussions;
- Identify safety or environmental improvements and drive cultural/relationship improvements;
- Manage and provide daily instruction to EHS Union Representative, including assigning daily/weekly/monthly/annual work, mentoring, coaching, and providing constructive feedback.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time root cause investigation process for all safety incidents and accidents, including but not limited to: first aid, near misses, lost time/recordable injuries, and property damage.
- Legal Investigation Form
- Root Cause Investigation Form
- Safety Notification Powerpoints
- Follow written Investigation SOP
- Track and follow through with all root cause investigation findings/corrective actions;
- Co-Chair the on-site Joint Safety & Health Committee, which includes pre-meeting sessions with Co-Chair, provide meeting direction, direct audits, handle documentation, improve skill sets of committee members, and promote a positive and progressive environment;
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining ALL classroom safety training documentation, toolbox/safety quick learn documentation and Safety Notification documentation;
- Actively managing the safety on-board portion of the New Hire Orientation program;
- Ensure all employees are up to date on all required trainings;
- Assure the mill’s annual safety training calendar is designed and followed through with to ensure regulatory and corporate compliance;
- Maintain all safety metrics tracking;
- Ensure any Safety Action Plan tasks assigned to this position are completed;
- Responsible for all environmental compliance programs including, but not limited to:
- Water Withdraw
- TRI/Form R
- Tier II
- Radioactive License/Permit
- SPDES Multi-Sector Permit
- Air Permitting
- FERC- Dam License
- POTW Industrial User Permit
- Bulk Storage Certifications
- Hazardous and Universal Waste Profiling and disposal documentation
- Understand mill’s environmental compliance requirements and ensure all regulatory deadlines and reporting is met;
- Maintain proper environmental and safety documentation to include hard copy filing and electronic filing;
- Draft professional communications to regulatory agencies;
- Actively mentor and coach staff members and hourly team members on EHS requirements and culture;
- Ensure mill is working towards and adhering to Corporate Safety compliance and regulatory compliance;
- Lead by example, maintain integrity, and honesty with the company and hourly employees;
- Bachelor’s degree is not required but is preferred.
- Two to three years of previous experience in the environmental or safety field preferred.
- Proven experience leading a team in an industrial environment
- Must demonstrate technical capacity, thoroughness, and good time management skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Pre-employment Background Screening
- Pre-Employment Substance Abuse Screening
- Pre-Employment Physical Exam
All Ox employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards in the best interests of Ox, its employees, and owners. Each employee has a primary duty to act at all times to uphold these standards and to act with honesty, integrity, and fairness and without actual or apparent conflict of interest.