Reports to: Customer Service Team Lead
Job Type: Full-Time
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for all of the necessary functions to provide effective customer service. Responsible for acting as a liaison between customer and internal departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order Entry-following documented order entry processes to enter customer sales orders into the computer system, second checking for accuracy, sending the order confirmation to customer & releasing order to production
- Shipping- figuring how much space a sales order takes up on the truckload to get estimated freight rates from logistics
- Maintain master data records
- Expedite orders and respond to customer inquiries
- Data Entry- interpret data in customer electronic folder and inputting into computer systems, attention to detail and accuracy
- Back up functions, as requested
- Handle other duties and special projects, as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or GED equivalent, 2-4 years related customer service experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Management – Complete orders on time, use time efficiently.
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and customer satisfaction; Meet productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail- proven low order entry error record
- Able to retain fundamental sales information to build knowledge base of industry and customers.
- Follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Adapts well to changes in the work environment.
- Works well with others.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm